Calling nano experts!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emmyk

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
If you had a five gallon, what would you do? I've maxxed out all my tank space, all I have room for is a 5 gallon. Thinking shrimp or badis....
But what would you do?
Give me ideas!! This is the last tank I get to stock for a while.

You could do a shrimp and goby pair. I have a red striped prawn goby in my 3g and he's doing great.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You could do a shrimp and goby pair. I have a red striped prawn goby in my 3g and he's doing great.

Aren't red striped prawn goby saltwater? I've never done saltwater and don't think I'm comfortable doing anything saltwater under 30 gallons lol

Aren't red striped prawn goby saltwater? I've never done saltwater and don't think I'm comfortable doing anything saltwater under 30 gallons lol

Yes they are. I believe Dragon may not have realized this was posted in the FW/Brackish listing.

Whoops sorry guys didn't realize this was freshwater. But as for freshwater nano I would say probably a med-heavily planted shrimp tank.

Whoops sorry guys didn't realize this was freshwater. But as for freshwater nano I would say probably a med-heavily planted shrimp tank.

It's all good !!?

Shrimp [emoji106]
View attachment 257082

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet ensemble. Looks like feeding time to me ?

Shrimp and 5 celestial pearl danios (aka Galaxy rasbora) OR 5 white cloud minnows.

Danios if you're using a heater and white cloud minnows if you're not.

Shrimp and 5 celestial pearl danios (aka Galaxy rasbora) OR 5 white cloud minnows.

Danios if you're using a heater and white cloud minnows if you're not.

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't danios need at least 10 gallons?

Not celestial pearl danios. They are considered a micro fish. They max out at 3/4 to 1 inch, and are quite colorful. They were first names the Galaxy rasbora when discovered but people soon realized they were better classified as danios than rasbora. You should look into them, they are great fish. I actually keep a few in my fry tank, just so there's some color in there.

Not celestial pearl danios. They are considered a micro fish. They max out at 3/4 to 1 inch, and are quite colorful. They were first names the Galaxy rasbora when discovered but people soon realized they were better classified as danios than rasbora. You should look into them, they are great fish. I actually keep a few in my fry tank, just so there's some color in there.

Huh, very interesting. I would love to get some but I am completely out of room! But I would most definitely +1 this for the danios.

Back
Top Bottom