Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-05-2005, 08:38 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to Cash Turtle
can 2 rosy minnows live in a5 gallon

?, my mom wants a fish to live on the dask in her office, but only a 5 gal or smaller will fit. I have 2 rosy minnows that im going to have to move to get more fish do you think they'd be ok in a 5 with sand and anacharis?

Old 11-05-2005, 01:24 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to aquarist15 Send a message via MSN to aquarist15 Send a message via Yahoo to aquarist15
How big are the minnows?

Currently I have a 10-gallon tank with 3 Serpae Tetras, 1 Clown Pleco, 1 Platty and 4 Tetras. My Koi pond was recently devastated by Hurricane Wilma and 2 of my largest, most beautiful fish died plus one baby. I also have a Florida Cooter that died shortly after. Only 5 Koi Left.
aquarist15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 01:49 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

im not sure on exact size but they apear to be an inch and a half, and 2 inches
Old 11-06-2005, 09:36 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to aquarist15 Send a message via MSN to aquarist15 Send a message via Yahoo to aquarist15
yepp. it should work
Currently I have a 10-gallon tank with 3 Serpae Tetras, 1 Clown Pleco, 1 Platty and 4 Tetras. My Koi pond was recently devastated by Hurricane Wilma and 2 of my largest, most beautiful fish died plus one baby. I also have a Florida Cooter that died shortly after. Only 5 Koi Left.
aquarist15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 09:42 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Do you mean the feeder rosy (fathead) minnows? If so, they get to about 2-3" each, males getting a bit bigger. IMO, they would probably be ok. Great little fish. I used to keep them in my pond and they did great but something slowly started picking them off. Could have been the koi, garter snakes or birds but they are all gone now. Love these little fishes though. Here is a bit of info on them.

http://www.goldfishutopia.net/rosyred.php
Old 11-06-2005, 10:45 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

the larger of the two "appears" to be female it has a very chunky body compared to the other rosy. the one thing i was worried about is that they should be kept in a larger group that a 5 gallon cant accomidate. they 2 of them swim around together most of the time. will it be bad for tehm to be in only a group of 2?

Tags
5 gallon, live, minnow, minnows

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com