Can a betta see his reflection in the glass?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laser

Aquarium Advice Addict
I went and rescued a betta from a cup yesterday. He's in a 10g by himself. Every time I turn the light on he flares up his gills and spreads out his fins. Is he seeing himself in the glass or does he just not like me? :lol:

Attachments

• DSCI0097.jpg
    DSCI0097.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 88
Give him time to settle in and get used to your presence first :)

An "rescuing" on condemns another...
but the one you rescue would have most likely died in the cup or gotten shoved in a vase,and ended up being replaced. at least by rescuing one you can give him/her a better life. and yeah,hes probably just warming up to you

Mine always chases himself in the reflection of re glass, up and down! It'll take him a while to settle in though

There is no reflection for the fish you see a reflection because your viewing 2 panes of glass but if you were to stick your head in there you'd be able to look right thru...give it a try ;) lol

There is no reflection for the fish you see a reflection because your viewing 2 panes of glass but if you were to stick your head in there you'd be able to look right thru...give it a try ;) lol

I understand that concept, but he only does this when the light is on. It's obviously not impossible for us to see our reflection in the glass of a window on a sunny day.

Back
Top Bottom