Can a tank with silk plants look really good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

natron20

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone,

I'm new here and bought a 55 gallon tank several months ago. I'm ready to start setting everything up and gather supplies but I am still torn about whether to try a planted or non-planted tank.

In a perfect world I would love a fantastic planted tank but I'm trying to be realistic with the amount of time and money I can dedicate to sustaining a planted community.

However I've yet to see a tank with fake/silk plants that really struck me. What I am wondering about is if a great tank can be created with artifical plants. If so would anyone be able to post some pictures of examples that I can see?

And for the record I'm going to let the plants determine what I stock the tank with. So if I go with a live tank I will get fish that will leave them alone.

Thanks in advance, and be fore warned I will probably have plenty of questions. I'm honestly pretty scared about it to be honest. I want it to look nice and I want to do it right.

Cool! I'll check it out.

(BTW, I live in Central KY too, Danville to be exact. Are there any good LFS in Lexington that you know of? I can't find anything online)

yeah, i really like incredipet on richmond road here in lex... i cant find any others i like... There are some days i go in and wonder why i ever get fish from there, but for the most part, they are a really good store. I prefer going in before 4, because they have some teenagers that work in there of a night that arent all that great, but they try at least. There is also another incredipet on southland drive that has alot more saltwater stuff... check it out.. www.incredipet.com... feel free to pm me if you have any questions about anything like that as well :) Ill be happy to offer any opinions i have

Back
Top Bottom