Can angelfish live alone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ch-b

Aquarium Advice Activist
can angelfish live alone ? or it wont thrive? i heard that if it's alone it will be less agressive..

can angelfish live alone ? or it wont thrive? i heard that if it's alone it will be less agressive..

You would be better to get a larger Angelfish if you want to have it by itself. Small Angelfish do better in schools or with "mates" whereas a larger fish has already gone through that stage. I would take nothing smaller than a med/lg size ( sometimes called "pre-breeder") or larger depending on the size of your tank.

Hope this helps (y)

My tank is quited large 80 gallon 100 cm length and 70 cm height and 44 cm width... i have right now 5 platys 2 gouramis 1yellow and 1 blue and 1 big angelfish and 5 mollies and 4 guppies i heard that angelfish eat guppies but i don't think my angel can fit any guppie in her mouth they are medium sized

that's my tank i did some changes in it...with decoration...

img_2969745_0_0a02dd8244f4c37df8c2b2c580647d8e.jpg

They will eat Guppies if they can fit in their mouths. Right now I have a tank divided with a single large angel on one side and about 12 Guppies on the other. I added a little too much water after a water change and a smaller guppy jumped across the divider. She didn't make it. I found her in the Angel's mouth. :( So it CAN happen.;)

I wouldn't be concerned if your Angel is not harassing anyone and is eating fine, then alone is not an issue for it.

Back
Top Bottom