Can anyone help with this?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
May I ask what your stock is? Is he peaceful?? I was thinking of adding either a pearl or gold to my tank

Of course :) here it is:

2 blue angel fish
3 pearl gouramis 1m/2f
2 honey gouramis 1m/1f
10 furcata rainbow fish
2 BN plecos
2 SAE
2 Indian flashers/aka denson barbs/aka redline shark
2 electric blue rams
2 balloon electric blue rams
2 serpae tetra (these prefer schools of 6 or more but over time they have passed and I have chose to not replace them)
And 1 bala shark
An ivory mystery snail
A blue mystery snail
Some assassin snails
Some amano shrimp and think that's about it

The pearls are often over looked because as juveniles they are on the plain side but IMO extremely beautiful when mature.. Especially the males ..mine are very peaceful In have had no aggression issues at all . Hope this helps

image-1945468223.jpg image-1402471031.jpg These are mature males (not mine) ready to breed

Not in my experience they seem to have a very similar disposition ..He is slightly more bossy I guess.. I would say as with any species there will be some aggression during breeding but nothing I would be concerned about. They are great as a community fish and are very peaceful

Still sticking with male, while females do grow *very* small extensions on their fins none grow out that large.

Bichir Bro .. You were right, I am now positive he is male.. It's very hard to get a good picture of his fins and color but in person you can very much see the orange and extensions.. . Funny the difference a few days can make on their growth and development .. Not sure why it took so long as I said I have had him since the beginning of May . :s

Bichir Bro .. You were right, I am now positive he is male.. It's very hard to get a good picture of his fins and color but in person you can very much see the orange and extensions.. . Funny the difference a few days can make on their growth and development .. Not sure why it took so long as I said I have had him since the beginning of May . :s
yeah he's showing hints of red on his chest, just give him some time, he may just not be quite ready or like you said a late bloomer!

Back
Top Bottom