can frozen blood worms come back to life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cura1829

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
they look like the frozen blood worms you tell me. i had to make a youtube video

https://youtu.be/faOBYqHEsW0

i feed the omega blood worms. dont mind the water just did a water change.

Attachments

• 20200329_183117.jpg
    20200329_183117.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 170
Not that I have heard of being discussed.
There are four main stages of their life cycle; egg, larva, pupa and the adult midge.

Maybe there were eggs that hatched?

Do you have Planaria in the tank?

How long did they sit in a cup to defrost, or did you add cubes in the water directly?

I watched the video. The white worms look very much like common detritus worms. It is said we get those in our tanks from over feeding.

I wish, but no. You are overfeeding your tank grossly. Start feeding every other day. I also recommend doing daily small water changes. Theres usually a water quality issue.... Another thing is add a size appropriate bottom feeder, most like to eat worms like those. Cory cats or clown loaches are what I would use.

over feeding wasnt me left for vacation a couple of weeks ago came back to a huge almonia spike from my cousin feeding ive been doing so much water change today i did a gravel vack maybe i didnt get them all ??

Nah, corys are fast and have spikes. Just don't get smaller species, get adults if you can!

i had to take off a 20long i had corys in there had no where to put them so i put them in with the chiclids had 6 woke up next morning one had mouth missing then they started to vanish lol only 1 survived i had green cory

i have a 125g and a 55g the one with the problem is the 55g i can get loaches that dont get big

right now just checked it 7.0.

Now the biggest question that I have is will those worms harm or affect my water parameters?

Last edited by a moderator:
Only if they all died at once might give a little spike. Part of natures way of dealing with lots of food. They are the clean up crew.

Friends /family member petsitters for fish, are frequent killers of fish / shrimp and tank inhabitants, from over feeding almost always.

An experience suffered at my house before!

Now I use little pill holders (week /2 week /30 day) Dollar stores have them for a dollar and you just put all foods into the tiny compartment and for LONGER than the number of days you plan to be gone (just in case). Tape instructions on the tank.

Usually no dead creatures (y)

maybe thats why i cant bring that almonia spike lower then 1.0 ppm because maybe there are some dead and some a live

Back
Top Bottom