Can i???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheFishGuy1999

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
6 emperor tetras, 2 Bolivian rams, one angelfish and 1-2 blue acara/s

If I could please let me k ow or if I need to change any of the numbers of species

Angelfish, like most fish, are happier in groups. One single angelfish is more likely to be aggressive than a few of them. I'd skip it and do 2 blue acaras. Or skip the acaras and add two angelfish.

It would be easier to understand and answer your posts if you kept them all in one tread instead of making new ones each time, just reply to one of yours for each new question you have.

This is great for stocking and water change suggestions
https://aqadvisor.com/

Can I??

Hi guys!
Going with your can I trend lol...
I have a 29 gallon tall tank currently stocked with 4 ghost shrimp and an assassin snail. I'm wanting to get some angelfish but unsure if I should/could do 4 or should I just do 2 and hope they get along.
I've had all sorts of various cichlids in the past but never angelfish so I thought I'd ask for some insight.
Thanks in advance!

It looks like that size of tank is too small. Generally you want to plan for the full size of fish when you put them in a tank, so a fish that gets as big as a dinner plate should have a lot of room, angelfish can get quite large and thus should probably have more then 50 gallons of space to move in.
Use the aqadvisor site to better picture stocking and waterchanges for angelfish, the fish are so cool!

Ya that's what I'm thinking... Full size I don't feel like it would be enough space though other forums say it's.
Thinking we will go with a cichlid thatstays smaller. Just wish they weren't so fiesta so we could have a few without someone getting beat up lol

Back
Top Bottom