can i add more to my tank ? If so, what should I add ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rodriant55

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I forgot how many gallons my tank is. But I have a ghost shrimp and about 8 goldfish in my tank. The goldfish were for my crayfish I had previously but he is no longer with me :(. Anyways, I just got my ghost shrimp two days ago at this pet shop around my house. He's usually at the corner and ocassionally walks around. I feed him 1-4 pellets twice a day like his food instructions say. He goes crazy for it and I find it cute seeing his little hands searching to find it and then eat it. Is my shrimp fine ? And i wanted to know if I could add more to my tank ? It's pretty small but right now It seems kind of boring, referring to the critters in it. What could I add with my little goldfish and shrimp that won't cause any fights? I also don't mind my goldfish getting eaten by other fish, they were for feeding originally. Thank you :)

Attachments

• IMG_1821.jpg
    IMG_1821.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1819.jpg
    IMG_1819.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_1817.jpg
    IMG_1817.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1820.jpg
    IMG_1820.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 71
Here's a chart; measure your tank and figure out the size. Post it as well since it is important to know what volume the tank is.
At a glance it looks like somewhere between 10-20 gallons. Too small for the goldfish for the long haul or anything that might eat them.
Why is the tank only 3/4 filled? Is it for increased aeration? The inhabitants would benefit from the extra gallons.

The tank is waaaaaay too small for 8 goldfish. One goldfish needs a minimum of 20 gallons. Can you return them to the shop? Then you can have a lot more shrimp.

That tank looks a lot like my 5-gallon, so I'm going to assume that's the size since you said it's fairly small. If so, those goldfish would be [way] more than enough. If you can return the goldfish (which most pet stores would allow, since they're just feeder fish) or just bring it to a different shop, you can have a couple African Dwarf Frogs or maybe a pretty male betta.

I was about to reply but stopped to see that you said you don't mind your goldfish to be eaten. Why you are doing this? There is fish food available in market. No? Who feed their crayfish a goldfish? Why not algae wafers or crayfish food. Please respect life of a fish. Your fish feels same pain as you feel. No offense but please return your goldfish to store if you don't need them.

I mean... crayfish have to eat.. right??
Op- if you're after a specific style of tank than at least make it look the part. "This" is not going to fly, sorry... let's get that tank cleaned and sanded, throw some rock in there and let the cray fish set up a place to reside, aka residence!! Once he's well established you can start introducing food he may want to eat. Oreos and taco bell!!! No.. that's me sorry .... but yeah. That tank is going to stress you out, it's going to smell bad too

He said crayfish he doesn't own anymore. But he is not concerned about his goldfish to be eaten by if any new species he adds.

Back
Top Bottom