Can I add snails to my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cora.The.Queen

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 10 gallon fish tank that is currently cycling. I'm trying to figure out what I want to stalk it with. I think I want to get some Neon Tetras and some Ghost Shrimp, but I might want to get a snail too. Can Assassin Snails live with Neon Tetras and Ghost Shrimp? Or maybe a Mystery Snail? What have been your experiences with these snails?

I'm sure you could do a mystery snail
I know assasin snails kill other snails don't know if they kill shrimp as well

I wasn't sure when I bought my first golden mystery snail. I did it anyway and I just love it. I now have 3 of them. They are fun to watch and they do crazy things. Go ahead and get one. You'll love it too.
IMG_1397.jpg

You could definitely have a mystery snail in the ten gallon, provided you don't overstock. They're my favorite snails. They come in tons of different colors, though most pet stores only carry the yellow, and occasionally the brown. On rare occasion I've seen blue in stores. No matter which color you pick, they're all really fascinating and intriguing to watch.

Get a snail Mystery or Nerite. My largest Mystery is a character, likes to parachute drop from the top, and its all over the tank. Just make sure they have something to eat. Mine love zucchini, algae wafers and also the algae. Oh, and Brussels Sprouts.

Get a snail Mystery or Nerite. My largest Mystery is a character, likes to parachute drop from the top, and its all over the tank. Just make sure they have something to eat. Mine love zucchini, algae wafers and also the algae. Oh, and Brussels Sprouts.

I won't buy brussels sprouts and you can't make me!

Back
Top Bottom