Can I Bleach Dip Moss and HC? Hydra problem..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brian_Nano12g

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a Hydra Polyp problem i just discovered in my tank that's housing a new pot of HC (dwarf baby tears) and some new flame moss that's intended to be planted in my new aquarium i just scaped that's going to be a shrimp tank. I know Hydra is bad to have in a shrimp tank as they will kill shrimplets. The hydra is currently in a tank with a Ram, tetras, and Nerite snail.

To deal with the Hydra in the current tank, i plan to get a sparkling gourami (if i can find one locally). I've also been dosing and spot treating with excel and H202.

The problem is that they're so small the spot treating is only effective on the ones i can see. So can i bleach dip (1:20 ratio) HC, flame moss, and various stem plants prior to planting in my new 'other' tank? OR would H202 be safer? Im just a bit skeptical on the effectiveness of h2o2 because i squirted some hydra to see them curl up in a ball only to see them still alive a few minutes later, tentacles out and all :(

Back
Top Bottom