Can i feed dead brine shrimp to my fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martintanks91

Aquarium Advice Freak
Looks like in the bag of brine shrimp most of them are dead. Can i still feed them to my fish?? Héres a pic of the cup, most of them are at the bottom ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423525825.880139.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If they havent been dead for a long time you could, and if you intend to save some of them to feed later, put them in plastic container and freeze them

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

K thanks. If they dont move in the bottom of the cup is it 100% sure theyr dead? And if they died today can i feed them to my fish tomorow?

Yes they are dead, and if you are going to feed them tomorrow, then I would stick them I the freezer.

K ill do that. And tomorow before feeding them should i take them out of the freezer some time before? Or feed them straight from the freezer?

Either way would probably be fine but it's not always the best for your fish to eat ice so you might want to thaw it out a little

And i forgot to ask. Before putting them in the freezer, i throw away all the water in the cup and put them in the freezer in the cup by themselvs right?

And i forgot to ask. Before putting them in the freezer, i throw away all the water in the cup and put them in the freezer in the cup by themselvs right?

Yes

No. You save some of the water. It's not worth the effort to try to strain them. When you're ready to feed, use a small Tupperware container of tank water to thaw them in. After they're thawed, place them in the tank.

Side note: Frozen brine shrimp are available at many places and used very often. (They're always dead.)

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Back
Top Bottom