Can i feed my RTC sea fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shane87

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Can I feed my red tailed catfish sea fish? I.E. Mackerel, sardines etc. Would the salt effect him? And is there anything else meaty because I'm having problems finding beef heart in the uk. All help appreciated

I don't know about fish from the sea. But I have had much success feeding frozen tilapia fillets. I go to my "bulk type" grocery. And have several 24 fillet bags I use to feed my fish. I take a fillet out thaw it, cut it into 1" squares and re freeze the baggy.

I also go catfish fishing very often during the summer months. Again I freeze and use them as food for my fish as well as myself. These particular cats come from brackish water and I have never had a hiccup from my fish in over 5 years of feeding them the catfish fillets.

Ok thanks I will look for the tilapia fillets and yea I catch a lot of mackerel in the summer and wondered if they would be ok with the spines removed, I know the silversides I buy for him are salt water fish and he seems ok but I don't know if the bigger types would have something bad for him in them.

I don't see why you couldn't use them. I see people feed tuna to their fish all the time.

And yeah catching fish you can feed to your fish is great haha. Caught a 40lb cat back in June I'm pretty sure his fillets are gonna last me until march haha!

Ok cool and yea, anything that saves money feeding them is a bonus! Haha thanks for helping :)

Back
Top Bottom