can i get a clown loach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darylb

Aquarium Advice Addict
Im in the process of setting up a 6ft tank its 78 gallons and i wanted to get a clown loach or 2 would it be possible

I think they need a minimum of 125g. They reach up to a foot in length even though they're slow growers. Some might say they'll be okay for a while but I'm. Ot too sure on that

I have two in a 75 gallon tank and they are very entertaining fish; one of my favorites. The rate of growth is slow once they reach about 3 or 4 inches and even the smaller ones don't grow as quickly as many other fish. This may be attributable to the fact that they are a very long lived fish--well over ten years in captivity. Nonetheless anyone who buys one does need to commit to providing a suitable environment for what will become big fish.

Based on the pricing I've seen for larger clown loaches where I live, your mate would be getting a very good deal!!!

You would be fine. If you get them when they are about 3-4 inches it will be a LONG time until they outgrow a 78. I have two in my 40 breeder now and they are doing famously. Will rehome when I have to but for now they are just fine

Clown loaches really are slow slow growers so you won't need to worry about them outgrowing that size tank for a long while. They will also love the length of the tank. I have a 6 foot long 220g tank but I keep 6 Angelicus Loaches also called Polka-Dot Loach, Marble Loach, Cloud Botia, Botia "Angelicus", and Burmese Border Loach. I love the markings and they are such clowns. I've actually considered getting some more. Loaches IMO are just fun fish.

Clown loaches really are slow slow growers so you won't need to worry about them outgrowing that size tank for a long while. They will also love the length of the tank. I have a 6 foot long 220g tank but I keep 6 Angelicus Loaches also called Polka-Dot Loach, Marble Loach, Cloud Botia, Botia "Angelicus", and Burmese Border Loach. I love the markings and they are such clowns. I've actually considered getting some more. Loaches IMO are just fun fish.

They really are fun to watch, and very smart

Is there certain fish that they areny good with?

Sharks. Don't put a rainbow or red tail in with them. The loaches are very peaceful, but I remember my shark wanted to literally chase them out of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom