Can i have rams in my community tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J duff

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys i just recently looked into rams and from what i can tell i can have them. But im not positive so im asking. I have a 75 gallon planted tank i have neon tetras gouramis platys a bumble bee goby bleeding heart tetras guppies dainos ghost shrimp a pleco some loaches and snails

Yea has many many plants from what ive read i would need a cave possibly?

Can you show me pictures i was looking at the electric blue

Of what? GBR are electric blue, but the electric blue are a highly inbred strain most of the time, apistos are my fav, but I'm not you haha

I'm going to disagree with the no caves, if you were interested in spawning than a nice flat rock with cover on two sides would be ideal. As far as overall comfort a cave is not a bad idea, mine spends lots if time in his caves. Than again lots of plants would probably be sufficient cover..

That's what I was looking for the plants if it was not heavily panted then I would say yes, but they don't need a cave, because the plants suffice, but you can put a cave in thee rid you want.

Thanks guys and would it be better to get one or a few?

Depends if you want to try and breed them if so try to get a male and a female. If not then just go for one of either.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes if you can source one male and one female and your tank is to their liking. A nice cave always helps and the correct temp is 80f.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If you get two, the chances of aggression go way up, I keep one male in a community tank and all is well, except my Amano shrimp hide but that's cool, I know where to find them! Here's a few examples.. 2 males= battles, 2fem= prob chill, 1/1 m/f= could be breeding pair, or male could relentlessly chase and stress her.. If you do not want any drama then get just one or a definite 2 fem(could be tough because they're hard to sex,especially for dim bulb Lfs emplotees)

Back
Top Bottom