Can i keep 81" of fish in 30g aquarium? (poll)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Can i keep 81" of fishh in a 30g.

• yes

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • no

Votes: 18 72.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mike47517

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone,
Me and my friend were debating wether or not you can keep 81" of fish in a 30g tank. This is just a quick poll either vote "no" you cant stock that much fish in a 30g or "yes" you can stock 81" of fish in a 30g. So is there any possible (that wouldnt hurt the fish) way to keep 81" of fish in a 30g tank

-School of Barbs (Your choice between Tigers or Green Tigers, get around 15.)
-School of Cories (Your choice on type, get around 5.)
-2 BN Plecos
-Small group of dianos. (Your choice on type but try to stay smallish, get around 6)
-Red-tailed shark. (Try to get one or two of those.)

Last edited:
not votein cuz im not a freshy, but you need to give them more background info on the subject. just sayn to make it fair.

physically you probably can, though I would not highly recommend it. If you were seeking for your fish to be happy and healthy then do not do it. Though I do not go by the inch per gallon rule, that is still a lot of fish. It would be extremely crowded and a LOT of waste. The only way I see it happening (even though I would say to never do it) is if you had multiple, very strong filters, did large water changes every day, and things of that sort and it still would go back to the crowded problem. I just wouldnt do it...

IMO depends on the fish. So the answer is yes like blazeyreef said with lots of work its possible.

Yes it is possible, but only IF you have the right kind of fish <You don't want an 80" fish in a 30 gal>, AND you have proper filtration AND lots of maintainance & pwc's. Ideally, you would want to have a big sump in a setup like that to increase total system water volume. <This is how the lfs can stock heavily in their tanks.> It would be crowded but prob. not too bad with small schooling fish (say 80 frys), and it would be prone to disease because of the overcrowding.

i could fit 6912 inches of fish into a normal 30 gallon tank. but that would fill every squar inch. so yes you could. if you mean can 81" of fish LIVE HAPPILY for 1 month living in a regular 30 gallon tank with regular matenence. then i would say no. but if the question is, is it possible to fit that many fish into that amount of space, then i would say yes, i can fit many more.

i could fit 6912 inches of fish into a normal 30 gallon tank. but that would fill every squar inch. so yes you could. if you mean can 81" of fish LIVE HAPPILY for 1 month living in a regular 30 gallon tank with regular matenence. then i would say no. but if the question is, is it possible to fit that many fish into that amount of space, then i would say yes, i can fit many more.

The question is based on if it's possible not if the fish are happy.

For one wasn't talking to you, for two you edited it, so don't pull that out on me so stop talking to me i'm talking to woof. If I was talking to you I would of quoted you and not him.

ok then. lets put it simple. Dont answer peoples questions that are to me and it is my thread do yourself a favor and get out of it. please.

I'll leave it simple once again (since you seem a little slow). The Q was to mike47517. dont answer it. You answer the ones that are to FishCrazyBenBOMB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom