can i keep GBR's and fancy guppies tgether?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mike47517

Aquarium Advice Addict
can i keep GBR's and fancy guppies tgether? i have a 38g which is turning into a guppy tank. but i would like to get a pair of GBR's too. will they harrass the gups? will they be fine?

Should be fine as far as I know. Rams are pretty mellow. They will probably eat the fry if the guppies breed though.

I keep many rams in a tank with many Endlers. It's a 29g tank and last time I checked I had 6 adult GBR's, 20+ juvenile GBR's and over 170 Endlers ranging from a couple of days old to fully grown females. The GBR's pay them no attention. I feed them well and I haven't seen them snack on day old fry yet. I think you will be perfectly fine.

I keep many rams in a tank with many Endlers. It's a 29g tank and last time I checked I had 6 adult GBR's, 20+ juvenile GBR's and over 170 Endlers ranging from a couple of days old to fully grown females. The GBR's pay them no attention. I feed them well and I haven't seen them snack on day old fry yet. I think you will be perfectly fine.

pics of that tank? :p

ok thanks i'll get a pair as soon as i can scrape up the money. i think i will seperate them for the first few days and feed them well for that time periond just to be safe :)
which do they prefer flakes or pellets?

pics of that tank? :p

You'd be surprised how boring the tank looks. It's bare bottom, there's a sponge filter in there along with an Ebo-Jager heater that is not even suction cupped to the side of the tank (it's resting with the bottom on a piece of slate and is leaning on the tank's back. There is also a huge mass or two of java moss in the middle of the tank for fry to hide and there are about 2 smaller pieces of slate which the rams lay eggs on....that's it, simple as can be. I'll try to take some pics later today to show you how unimpressive it is.

ok thanks i'll get a pair as soon as i can scrape up the money. i think i will seperate them for the first few days and feed them well for that time periond just to be safe :)
which do they prefer flakes or pellets?

I feed mine Frozen bloodworms, frozen brine shrimp, frozen cyclops (for growth), OSI flake, and NLS Cichlid Formula (have to slightly crush the pellets for smaller fish.

Back
Top Bottom