Can i put a dwarf frog in with my fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jakemacy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Can I put an African dwarf frog in with the rest of my fish?

I have a pleco, a neon tetra, a guppy, and 2 goldfish

How big is your tank? I have 2 in my daughters 20 gallon community. The issue is the tank can't be more then I think 20 inches tall since the frogs need to swim to surface sometimes. Also do you have a good hood/cover they love to escape. I'm also not sure the temperature for goldfish and the adf are compatible

So as long as you have a good lid and the temperature is compatible IMO you should be good

You should also research/google the special feeding requirements. They also love a cave or 2 to hide in

Hi,
The ADF can be with those fish. Though you need to have a place the frog can eat with out the other fish eating all their food. Like a cave, or rocks set up so the other fish don't dart down & gobble the frogs sinking food.

There are other questions which probably need addressing though.

The Goldfish should have a bigger tank and cooler water than many tropical fish 65F-75F. There are other cooler water fish, like White Cloud Mountain Minnows, but some tropical fish can stand the cooler temps. ADF can be in 72F. Heavy filtration...2 goldfish should be in a min 29/30 gal tank, 20G for the first one and 10G for the additional ones, long tank is better than a tall one, for swimming. Though the Comet GF can get 15-18 inches long or more!

And adding additional fish means either more water changes/more filtration or more Gallons/size tank, or all of those things!

The pleco depending on what kind, if it is a common type, can get 18 inches+. Pleco can be in 72F.

Hope that helps some.

Back
Top Bottom