can i put dechlorinating solution directly with fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amitnarain

Aquarium Advice Freak
hello. can i put 'disinfecting and dechlorinating solution' directly into the fish tank with the fish in it?

i have: 1 pacu, 3 albino red-tail tinfoil barbs & 2 parrot fish.

thank u.

What is 'disinfecting' solution?? I know of no dechlorinator that states its a disinfectant. I would NEVER put a disinfectant in my aquarium. EVER.

As for putting dechlorinator ONLY directly into the tank for a water change...yes its fine, but you have to use enough dechlor for the entire tank capacity, not just hte amount being changed. The dechlor will dilute too much and not remove all chlorine/amine if you only use the amount needed to treat the new water.

Prime is, IMO, the best dechlor you can get, and it's pretty cheap if you consider how concentrated it is.

I do as Malkore said. I add enough dechlor for the entire volume of the tank and just pour it right in. Instead of "disinfecting" did you mean "water conditioner"?

disinfecting does not sound like dechlor get prime or amquel.

PS-Pacus get HUGE like 28"

If you have 600+gallons and dont mind your pacu killing the rest of your fish then you can keep it but otherwise.. I say sell it/trade it back to the LFS or sell it on aquabid.com

Back
Top Bottom