can i put zebra danios in with my common goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmdavies

Aquarium Advice FINatic
my goldfish are only small i know they will get bigger and see them as food but it wont be for too long

240 litres 63 us gallons 3 small common goldfish, i just want some danios

I don't really think they're compatible tankmates. Why don't you wait until you can get another tank, then get the danios? =]

Danios are tropical fish, meaning that they do best with a heated tank. Goldfish do best in a tank without a heater. Your goldfish will become large, and like you said, may view the danios as food. It's not a good idea to set up a temporary arrangement with no plan for a permanent solution.

"As a schooling fish, they prefer to be in groups of six or more. Danios prefer water with a 6.0–8.0 pH, a water hardness of up to 5.0–19.0 dGH,a carbon hardness of 8 to 12 KH, and a temperature range of 68–80 °F (18–24 °C), the lower end of the temperature range is ideal."

Danio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My tank is 20 degrees celsius, danios are a sub tropical species the temperature is ok.

my goldfish are only small i know they will get bigger and see them as food but it wont be for too long

If you've already made up your mind, why did you ask?

You yourself said this. What did you mean by "it won't be for too long?"

Danios aren't easy to sell; they're common to any LFS; no one is going to want to pay shipping for them. Like I said, it's unwise to have a fish that you just plan to get rid of later. What if something comes up? A good, compatible tank mate that will do excellent in your tank and grow large enough are dojo loaches, you can get 3. They will do better if you have sand or small gravel though.

Yes, and yes. But again, they like to bury, so if you have large gravel, then they may get stressed out.

Back
Top Bottom