Can I train a SA Bumble Bee Cat to eat out of my hand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
Can I train some South American Bumble Bee Cats to eat from my hand? I plan to setup a 20 long with one side being about 2-3 inches deep and the other 8 ish deep. I have seen a red tailed trained to do this. Can these guys be trained as well?
Thanks and God bless!

I don't think they would learn, big red tails learn to come to you because at larger sizes they aren't scared of you. I have a bumblebee that won't eat from my long tweezers but my little red tail the same size gobbles food of any kind from them. Would be very cool if you could get them too! Would love to see it!

I don't think they would learn, big red tails learn to come to you because at larger sizes they aren't scared of you. I have a bumblebee that won't eat from my long tweezers but my little red tail the same size gobbles food of any kind from them. Would be very cool if you could get them too! Would love to see it!

Ah that stinks... I was gonna build a slope with the floramax to give them a shallow feeding area and everything!

The catfish may associate the location with food and wait there to be fed.

Back
Top Bottom