Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-16-2020, 10:07 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Can I use tap water for my Zebra danios?

Iíve always used the fresh RODI water I purchase from my LFS for my tank with danios. However, I have limited water jugs and also need the RODI water to top of my reef tank. Iím anticipating not being able to go to my LFS due to the corona virus spreading in my area. Should I just do water changes with tap water for the danios? I do know it has no chlorine but donít know the TDS of my tap water.

Old 03-16-2020, 10:52 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Is there something wrong with your tap water other than chlorine? If it’s just chlorine, use a water conditioner that gets rid of chlorine, that’s what most do, myself included. Or what about just letting the water aerate in a container for a couple of days?

Old 03-16-2020, 10:53 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

deleted
Old 03-16-2020, 02:06 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I suggest you look into getting a RO system for yourself. You can get them for under $100 - as little as $65 - and you won't have to go to the LFS and carry jugs around. The system will pay for itself quickly.
Old 03-16-2020, 02:18 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlederer View Post
I suggest you look into getting a RO system for yourself. You can get them for under $100 - as little as $65 - and you won't have to go to the LFS and carry jugs around. The system will pay for itself quickly.

Yeah thatís what Iím thinking. Do you know if the RO buddy is any good? Aquatic Life RO Buddie Four Stage Reverse Osmosis System with Color Changing Mixed Bed Deionization Cartridge https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00204CQF6..._bl8BEbB1AERA9

Iím considering this one for the price but Iím afraid itís a bit too cheap. I canít find many forum reviews (only one on r2r).
Old 03-16-2020, 02:36 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

Unless there is something about your tap water that we dont know about, it will be fine with water conditioner. Zebra danios are one of the hardiest fish, and will be good in a variety of water conditions. I have zebra danios and they are just fine with tap water and conditioner.

Tags
ate, danio, danios, tap water, water, zebra, zebra danio

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com