Can plants transfer Ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kayakers2

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have successfully treated our 75 gal planted tank thanks to your help. The last signs of ich was visible as one last spot on a tetra yesterday (Friday). Thanks for the help! I plan to treat the tank until Tuesday......with Rid Ich Plus. My problem is that my wife was not thinking and moved a couple of banana plants from the sick tank to our healthy 25 gal community tank. Should I treat for a few days just to be safe? I don't want to medicate if it's not needed. Thanks in advance.
Kevin

I don't think it would have hurt the 25 gallon tank and i wouldn't have treated it unless there were signs od ich on the fish

Yes, ich can be moved on plants-- one of it's three life stages is a cyst that could be attached to the plant, and another is a free swimming organism that could have moved in the water with the plant. Only the third phase is visible when attached to the fish.

At a bare minimum, I'd observe carefully for a period of at least a week or two, depending on the tank temperature (which affects the parasite life cycle duration).

CKfish

Back
Top Bottom