can someone help me build a stocklist around these fish??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovefish87

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi i have a juwel rio 240 litre.my ph is between 7.4 & 7.6

so far i want 2 bolivian rams and 1 pearl gourami
what other fish would you suggest i add including numbers.

thanks in advance

240 litres is approximately 65 gallons.
you have lots of options!

It looks like you have already chosen your centerpiece fish - the rams and gourami :)

you can add a schooling fish for the middle of the tank - Any tetras or rasboras.
and corydoras or loaches for the bottom of the tank.

the Great thing with your setup is the rams and gourami are compatible with many fish!

I agree with bubble if your looking for a nice schooling fish then tetras. Corys and or a pleco would he cool

Pandas would be great and you could get a minimum of 5 easily. I agree with above posters that tetras would make great schools to offset your centerpiece species. I would go with something like serpaes (more than 8) or rummynose (more than 12) to start off with. (y)

im just thinking of a new stocklist as i would really love angels

scrap that ive been doing some more thinking.
instead could i have

4 angels
2 bolivian rams
5 panda corys
6 dwarf neon rainbows

how about if i get 4 angels and when i see 2 pair off i just take the other 2 back to the fish shop??

That's stupid. If you get 4 Angels be ready to have about a 60l on hand to put the pair in. Or Just buy 2 which i recommend.

lovefish87 said:
how about if i get 4 angels and when i see 2 pair off i just take the other 2 back to the fish shop??

If you don't have another home for the Angels after two pair off, yes, that is the best option.
It's not a stupid suggestion if you don't have another tank.

You said that you have a gourami, the Angels can have a problem bullying the gourami IMO

Sorry didn't mean too act negative :( but I think 4 angels would be great if you have a breeder. Or you could just hope your angels are beast at protecting and protect your babies. Sorry though :(

thats ok mattefect i understand no offence taken .no i dont have another tank.also i dont have a gourami or any fish yet.my tank has just finished cycling so im just planning my stocklist.to be honest i think im going to leave the angels as much as i love them.i think i will just stick to this stocklist if it sounds ok to you.

2 bolivian rams
5 panda corys
1 pearl gourami
15 neon tetra
5 dwarf blue rainbow fish

I think that stock list sounds great. You could easily go up to 10 panda cory if you want to. You'll have fun with that tank. Pearl gourami make excellent centerpiece fish and are among the most mellow of all the gouramis I have kept- I'm currently (temporarily) housing 10 adults in a 75 and they actually behave quite well- although I would NOT recommend this. :)

great that will be my stocklist then with a few more corys.thanks severum mama

Awesome you should post a few pictures when ur done. Ganna look great :) so excited for u

Back
Top Bottom