Can these fish live together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, i have a 50 gallon tank that has a cory 1 rummynose tetra and a black widow tetra. i was planning to get 10 platies and 10 guppies. I was wondering if these fish will be fine together. I had to move the tank about 4 days ago so the water parameters would not be relevant yet however i will get them tested before buying the fish. The tank has great filtration and i have a ton of equipment

I would up all of the fish that you have to about 6 of each speices. Then you could put 10 of each of those.

Good idea however i did have about 6 of each species however they all died after 3 years and those three are coming into their fourth so i dont think they have too much life left. And i would really like to change it up with some livebearers

398008001 said:
Good idea however i did have about 6 of each species however they all died after 3 years and those three are coming into their fourth so i dont think they have too much life left. And i would really like to change it up with some livebearers

On the contrary, keeping them in schools extends their lifespan, they are more healthy and active that way. All those fish could easily live for another three years if you got some schools.

On the contrary, keeping them in schools extends their lifespan, they are more healthy and active that way. All those fish could easily live for another three years if you got some schools.
I will think about it but i need to first see whether or not the will survive the initial amonia spike because i know they are not too hardy

Back
Top Bottom