Can these fish live together peacefully??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martintanks91

Aquarium Advice Freak
I really started liking ángel fish so i really want to get one but some say they Will eat my neons is this true??
I have a 80 gallón tropical tank with neons, rummy noses, red eye tetras, a bala shark, a red tail shark, a pleco and a gurami. ( all in baby size). Can the ángel fit in Well??

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You can try and get a baby angel and they are less likely to eat them but there is always a chance that they will...

I really started liking ángel fish so i really want to get one but some say they Will eat my neons is this true??
I have a 80 gallón tropical tank with neons, rummy noses, red eye tetras, a bala shark, a red tail shark, a pleco and a gurami. ( all in baby size). Can the ángel fit in Well??

My concern would be the bala shark. They get too big for an 80 gallon and need to be in schools. Plus the red tail should be the only shark in there. I'd say fix the current stocking issues before trying to add in anything else.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I second Nigel. Don't put a Bala shark in a tank under 100gallons. I wanted one till I realized the enormous tank they need to grow in.

Red tailed sharks will become very territorial I believe if there is another shark in the tank. Not 100% sure on that though

Theyr Both babys right now. I know about the bala shark growing issue but when it gets big for the tank im gonna take it back to my LFS. My tanks is long its about 6 fer long they really dont swim close to each other (the bala and rts) if i see a problem ill deff seperate the 2

Oh you're the one with that tank. Really cool tank. You could do that. Me personally by the time my Bala got that big I wouldn't want to give it up but that is just me. I would keep a close eye on them if you don't intend on turning them in.

It still doesn't negate the fact that bala sharks are schooling fish. By not providing it a school and by keeping it in a tank that is too small until you feel that it has outgrown the tank you are affecting how the fish will live later on. Most people buying bala sharks aren't wanting them to be huge already. It'd be better to go ahead and return it since you know you can't provide it the appropriate care and then look at your stocking options.

Plus, while the tank may be long, it's very narrow with hiding places on only one end. Not much area for fish to take cover if they want to.
Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom