Can you guys let me know if my tank looks good for my young new black moor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kkbinx

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I am new to the fish world, but I have been doing as much research as possible. If you could, take a look at my tank, and tell me what you think. It's a 15 gallon with ONE black moor, one hob filter 120 gph, and one internal filter 90 gph. I plan on getting more fancies in the future, BUT only when I can upgrade to a larger tank. All suggestions are wanted, but remember I am a newbie. Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• image-83553154.jpg
    image-83553154.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 141
Glad to hear you are not going to add other goldfish to your existing tank. Your reading and research has paid off!

I have a thought about your pagoda - it's really cute, but if your moor start swimming through/under it, it may present problems as he gets larger. As you know, moors have large eyes that protrude from their heads, so sharp edges and tight spaces that might damage their eyes should be avoided. The same goes for stuff that can damage their fins, including any points on artificial plastic plants.

Are your plants silk ones? Other than live plants, those are the best for goldfish...

Glad to hear you are not going to add other goldfish to your existing tank. Your reading and research has paid off!

I have a thought about your pagoda - it's really cute, but if your moor start swimming through/under it, it may present problems as he gets larger. As you know, moors have large eyes that protrude from their heads, so sharp edges and tight spaces that might damage their eyes should be avoided. The same goes for stuff that can damage their fins, including any points on artificial plastic plants.

Are your plants silk ones? Other than live plants, those are the best for goldfish...

I also agree about the pagoda, although it is very cute it could pose a risk to the fish as it gets bigger. I'm not very knowledgable about plants either real or fake so I really can't make a knowledgable opinion on that matter. Although I could see how they could also pose a risk.

Back
Top Bottom