Can you help identify these snails.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thomasina

Aquarium Advice Freak
I can not take a picture because they are too small. However their description is that their shape is similar to a Japanese Trapdoor, however it has a very bright white stripe that goes around the snail in the creases. I have Googled all the sites that I know of. Nothing looks like this. I have gotten many plants from different sources, and know that they hitch hiked along for the ride. I have washed all plants with H2O, but must have missed these little guys. Any suggestions of what they are would be grateful. Will be using lettuce to trap them tonight!!:thanks:

The only ones i can think of is bladder or pond snails? Even look up mts see if that's them. Hope your keeping ok

If they are too small to take a picture of, then I would agree that they could be Malaysian Trumpet Snails (MTS). These guys easily hitch rides on plants and quickly overrun a tank.

MTS are good snails and only overpopulate if food sources are abundant. I have them in all my tanks including the nano's and don't have very many and none have bred. I do have more in the 220g simply because I have alot of plant material they can munch on from decaying leaves I can't get out deep in my tank. But since they mostly come out at night and go in at first light I don't mind them as they help keep my tank tidied up in places I can't get too.

Thank you for responding. They will kill me other snails though, won't they. I have a rabbit snail that I am very partial to, and don't want to loose him! Do you all think lettuce and/or zucchini will attract them?

Thank you for responding. They will kill me other snails though, won't they. I have a rabbit snail that I am very partial to, and don't want to loose him! Do you all think lettuce and/or zucchini will attract them?

Hi if there not assassins they, ll be fine. Have you found out what they are?

Back
Top Bottom