Can you ID this fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

A friend of mine got given a tank full of fish and these two "sharks" were in it but we can't figure out what they are. So far they have been living peacefully with Guppys and Black Skirt Tetras, but I want to make sure it won't get huge and eat her other fish. So if you know what it is please enlighten me!

*EDIT- also if you find any good sites with info about what you think they are please can you post a link.. THANKS!

img_501164_0_2fdc7618962c0e90613ac46a41112068.jpg

wow othose are some HUGE fish! I was thnking it might be a Paroon shark but it definitely looks like the iridescent shark.

Paroons are shorter, thicker, wider, and have a larger dorsal....but it is not a far-off guess...paroons are not uncommon in fish shops, either...but iridescents are everywhere...and cheap.

Oh my... that's a huge fish... you'll need to get a pool to keep him happy...

It looks awesome.

I was sold a Iridescent shark by the lfs without being told how big he would get. I kept him for a couple of months then unfortunately he died. He was a very sweet fish but I wouldn't get another one until I had a really huge tank.

These are commonly sold by LFS. They really are tank-busters of the first order, I have seen them at 3ft+ :(

Back
Top Bottom