Can you use PVC Pipe? And how to clean it to add to you tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newcomer

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well as the title say's I wanted to get something for my fish to play in, also could the hamsiter ( sorry can't spell) those tunnel and space station's thing. Stuff that u can find in a local pet store? Could this stuff be used? How di I clean it as well???? 8O

Yup. You can use it. Just clean it in hot water before putting in into the aquarium. I had a whole tunnel thing going on once for my fish with those tubes...the best part? They're clear so you can see your fish, but they think they're hiding. Pretty sneaky, huh? Just like the little hamster guys. I think PVC pipe is a good idea, and although I haven't used it yet in a tank setting, I've heard you can buy silicone and paste decorations on there so it isn't so plain and it matches the interior of the tank...wow...kind of like a decorator!!! That's cool.

yes you can use pvc i use it in my filtration system. far as cleaning get 2 1/2''
pvc for your hamster and the fish and use a filter brush it look like This +++---------+++ you can find it in the filtration Section at a pet store

Back
Top Bottom