Can zebra danios go with guppies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zebra danios should be safe but keep an eye on them to be sure you don't have aggressive danios

You need to get enough of them to keep any aggression to themselves. I started off with 6 and one was after everything. Upscaled to 12 and no issues. The terror was put in his place by a bigger stronger zebra who was of a friendlier nature.

I have both in my tank and they don't kill each other, but the danios were big stinkers in the beginning. The bullied and fin nipped quite a bit. I had 6 danios and 6 guppies. Now I'm up to 10 guppies and 3 fry and all is settled well. Just keep an eye on them and make sure the danios are well fed.

Zebra danios should be safe but keep an eye on them to be sure you don't have aggressive danios

Good lord, I would have never thought zebra danios would be aggressive. I have 2 and they're fine, thank goodness.

But, I ended up returning 4 cherry barbs that were picking relentlessly on one of my corys. They didn't bother any other fish, just the older cory. They're supposed to be great community fish, so go figure. I took them back to the LFS and the lady seemed to be peeved with me for returning them, :ermm: but my tank is peaceful again....

Back
Top Bottom