Canister filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vacuumlad

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Sunsun HW603B Canister filter. I currently have an aqueon 10 on my 10 gallon tank but I don't think it's doing very good. I don't like that want to change the cartridge I throw away all the good bacteria. Has anyone had any experience with this? it's $23 on eBay so thinking about giving it a try. Thanks in advance I really appreciate
the help. It has a flow rate of 106 gph.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I also was looking at the fluval c2 hang on back filter. Has anyone had any experience with these two filters?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The 603B has an actual flow of about 45 gph using the stock media and a 3 foot drop between the filter and tank. Still adequate for a 10 gallon tank. I wasn't happy with it in my 20 gallon. The low flow velocity wasn't moving water (and the CO2 I was injecting) throughout the tank.

I've used a C3 (similar to the C2 but with a bigger impeller and media bay). The filter pump is the same used in the AquaClear line. It moves a sufficient amount of water. The media set up is unnecessarily complicated and not as conducive to using custom media configurations (unlike the AC). If you get another HOB filter, I'd suggest getting an AquaClear. The filter will run for years, and you can use cheap DIY media.

Back
Top Bottom