Canister filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cappa565

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys,
Looking to buy a canister filter for my 100litre aquarium, in the next few months i will be moving house and upgrading my tank to something bigger, i just wanted to be able to grow beneficial bacteria in a canister filter so its ready for my new tank? What a good option on a canister filter and what prices should i look at.
Thanks guys

Fluval makes really good canisters. Very quite and filters well. Downsides are it is a tad more expensive than HOB's (as all canisters are). A few people have said they can leak at the rubber seal, but that might be due to poor maintenance. I would recommend to buy one for a tank bigger than yours so you get extra filtration. For example, I have a 25 gallon tank and I bought the Fluval 206 that filters 60 gallon tanks. You can also adjust the water flow if your fish can't handle the current. You can also customize your filter media to whatever you want.

I have an internal filter at the moment, around 8 years old! Just thinking of updating to something better, plus more space in tank as filter is pretty big! Ill have alook into fluval range, thanks for the reply

I have an internal filter at the moment, around 8 years old! Just thinking of updating to something better, plus more space in tank as filter is pretty big! Ill have alook into fluval range, thanks for the reply

No problem. You might want to look at the build I did in my signature. I went from an internal filter to a canister, which is exactly what you are doing.

Back
Top Bottom