Canistr Filter Blows Bubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDogg

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok i have an Eheim 2215

every once in a while it will become loud and blow in so bubbles :? last for 30sec to a min and then back to normal

i have no idea where the gas is coming from or even what gas it is...

could it...

A) be some gas produced as a waste product of the bacteria colony in the canister?

B) a bubble of CO2 coming out of solution in the canister

C) other

and should i be concerned?

mine does the same. i just assume it's bubbles accumulating in the filter that get big enough to get through. mine is quite new, though, so maybe it stops after a while?

zenkatydid said:
mine does the same. i just assume it's bubbles accumulating in the filter that get big enough to get through. mine is quite new, though, so maybe it stops after a while?
ad mine for 5 months and it is just now starting to do it :?

Fishyfanatic said:
Do you have an airstone near the intake tube?
no, and powerhead blowing CO2 is clear across the tank the long way and in the opposite corner :?

your fine, sometimes air gets trapped in the lines and the impellar area causing it to blow them back out ihn the tank, no need to worry, if your filter has valves to adjust the amoutn of water in and out of the filter you can lower the amount on both a little and it will stop too

Back
Top Bottom