Cannister Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KPhilly

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So, I got a job! Yay for me! Thinking about grabbing a canister filter for my tank! Any recommendations? I thought I saw a good one brand new on Ebay for about 100 bucks.

Yay for you! Congrats! I have a Fluval 306 for my 46g & I love it. I have no experience with any other ones so can't compare it.

Thank you! I'll need to look into them. My tank is 100 gallons.

some people swear by the SUNSUN Filters on ebay there are about 100$ but i went with fluval too i got the 406 for my 72g

they sell it on Amazon too you can read reviews there most are good

What cannister filter do y'all recommend for my 100 gallon tank?

the one is use is the Eheim 2217 without a doubt any Eheim canister filters are the best on the market IMHO

the one is use is the Eheim 2217 without a doubt any Eheim canister filters are the best on the market IMHO
I agree Eheim or Fluval but they are pricy you might find some used ones Eheim Pros the Maintenance is a little easier then the Eheim Classics bc the classic has no trays for Media that's why I went with Fluval easier Maintenance,if i didnt get the fluval as a gift from my wife i would have went with Eheim(y)

I thought you needed at least 4 to 5 times the size of your tank in filtration?

I know everyone here recommends eheim but I have one of them and four cascade's I've had to replace the impeller on the eheim twice and the cascades kept running.

The eheim seems to be a good quality filter but since I've had the problem I had I don't think I would buy another one.

But again this is just my experience, yours may vary. (disclamer) :)

I use the eheim as my spare, I use dual cascades on both aquariums.

Back
Top Bottom