canster filter doesnt fit under tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

momma cow

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I just got my new marineland c530 canster but it doesnt fit under the tank can i put it on the side of the tank Should I get longer hoses so that they go around the back of tank or just leave them on side

:confused:

Hi I just got my new marineland c530 canster but it doesnt fit under the tank can i put it on the side of the tank Should I get longer hoses so that they go around the back of tank or just leave them on side

:confused:
I had the same problem with my filter, until I changed the stand, not because of the filter though!!!. Do you mean put it on the ground, beside the tank and have the pipes inlet/outlet on one end of the tank??

yes it will fit on floor on side of tank but i would like to run the hoses around the back instead of haveing everything at one end of the tank in and out tubes
but tubes are to short to run along back so i guess i have to get longer ones will that work:huh:

Yes, you can run the filter to the side of the tank. I used to do the same thing. If you need longer hoses hit up lowes or home depot.

Make sure you get the same diameters of hose though inside and out. But less tubbing means better flow. Something I learnt with my ehiem

Mudfog I just want to use a longer intake hose I see your filter on side did you use two longer hoses where did you place your intake tube :confused:

Mudfog I just want to use a longer intake hose I see your filter on side did you use two longer hoses where did you place your intake tube :confused:

This filter came with a decent length of hose so I was able to use that. The intake is in the corner nearest to the filter, the spray bar also exits on that side of the tank. I had an AC110 going on the opposite side so I only needed the filtration for that side of the tank.

It would definitely be easier on the pump if you made the intake hose longer than the return hose.

Personally I would just leave it beside the tank, on the floor and keep all the pipework in one corner. I think it looks better and you have the bonus of not having pipes at each end, better flow and shorter hoses to clean!!!

How big of a tank is this? If it's 4 feet or more there will not be much water movement unless it's ran across, or at the very least adding a powerhead.

Its a 90 gal tank I have 2 ac ll0 on it now I though puting the intake house in middle of tank would be best Will try playing around with it :confused:

If I were you I would put the canister on one side and leave one AC110 on the other. That has worked well for me in the past.

Back
Top Bottom