Cant find pure Ammonia-Monument/Colorado Springs area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JHawk

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does anyone live in the CS area of CO? I can not find pure ammonia anywhere to do my fishless cycling. I had bought some a few years ago back in IL at Home Depot, but everywhere I look here the are surfactants added. (I've tried a couple HD, Lowes, several supermarkets)

Any help would be appreciated. Also if there is an on line place to buy too.

Thank you!

I found my ammonia online at a chemical supply store. I asked them to make me a 10% concentration since the one listed on the site was a 26% solution. They were very accommodating about making me a smaller quantity - 500 ml (instead of the listed 5 gallons!) It was ammonium chloride - NH4Cl.

Here's the link: http://shop2.chemassociates.com/shopsite/Chemassoc2/PAS-ammoniumchloride.html

You may want to do a search for a chemical supply house closer to you. I don't know what the rules are for shipping chemicals like this, but this place was in-state for me, if that matters.

I knew I should have posted here instead of wasting time driving around! Ace is the place! I called the local guy and he called it 10% Ammonium Hyroxide, product number 10184A. Is this the one?

I bought mine at Krogers. I have seen the same stuff at Walmart. Guess I was lucky :)

Back
Top Bottom