Capturing Shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arklatex

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am planning on swapping out my gravel for eco-complete. My tank has 10-12 cherry shrimp and one huge ghost shrimp as well as a few livebearers. My question is: How to get the shrimp out of the tank. I could net some but I have doubts about being able to get them all with out possibly killing some... I am thinking of some kind of home-made trap like a small container with a hole in it that I could put bait inside and then pull out of the tank. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Ah catching shrimp, I don't miss this:) you can try a trap. OR drain your tank down to about an inch of water, then try and net them.

I am planning on swapping out my gravel for eco-complete. My tank has 10-12 cherry shrimp and one huge ghost shrimp as well as a few livebearers. My question is: How to get the shrimp out of the tank. I could net some but I have doubts about being able to get them all with out possibly killing some... I am thinking of some kind of home-made trap like a small container with a hole in it that I could put bait inside and then pull out of the tank. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

A trap should do it.

Do It Yourself Shrimp Trap .:. Capturing Your Freshwater Aquarium Shrimp Without A Net

Good luck!

You won't crush them haha. I just did this not but 2 months ago with my RCS.

I started with using a simple trap (glass cup with an algae wafer in the bottom). That got a few, then I repeated. When the rest wouldn't come in, you have to use a small holed net. This will take awhile as shrimp as surprisingly nimble!

You won't crush them haha. I just did this not but 2 months ago with my RCS.

I started with using a simple trap (glass cup with an algae wafer in the bottom). That got a few, then I repeated. When the rest wouldn't come in, you have to use a small holed net. This will take awhile as shrimp as surprisingly nimble!

Yea thats why I didn't try to chase them to much lol. Thanks for the reply

Back
Top Bottom