Carbo-Plus Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

talenzmeier

Aquarium Advice Activist
Greetings Fellow Aquarists,

I recently acquiried a Carbo-Plus system for me 58 gallon planted tank. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with this system, whether it be good, bad, or otherwise. I'm wondering if it's as good as buying a regulator and a CO2 cylinder and a diffuser. Thanks.

You asked for my opinion and you will receive it. Get rid of the Carbo-Plus. Get a pressurized system. The long term running costs of the Carbo-Plus are much higher than those of a pressurized system. Also the CP will strip your water of kH. This is not a problem if you have a kH of around 5+ and do water changes, but if you have a lower kH it will strip it out of the water and cause pH swings.

I've heard they work great as long as you have enough KH. But a Carbo Plus does cost more in the long haul compared to the $10.00 per year for a tank refill. I took Rex's advice and got a Milwaukee all in one Regulator with a solenoid and needle-valve/bubble counter from Aquabotanics for $100.00. The tank set me back another $80 (w/CO2) and a mini vortex reactor was $50.00... Ouch. But it works great and was easy to set up. :wink: Betowess

Back
Top Bottom