caribbean driftwood - have simple question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its still not going to sink on its own. I know, it sucks. Try fixing your current piece to some slate.

So then it's not an issue of the wood not sinking?

Do you have carbon in your filter? And what type of filter is it?

Nope, I was looking for pre-treated wood that doesn't leech out huge quantities of tannin..and in the case on the website, none at all. I do have a carbon filter pad on my eheim 2232 canister...the wood was in my tank for a few weeks and it didn't seem like it was helping, but I now know I need to change the carbon pretty often if there's wood in there.

The carbon is supposed to take care of tannins, but since it's not helping, I would try different driftwood. I don't see any problems with the wood that you posted.

I like swahala wood, which is a bog wood that sinks immediately and releases very little tannins. I soaked mine for about a week and that was all it took to keep it from staining my water. The wood you refer to looks great, though I suspect it will float and may require weighting.

Where might one get that swahala wood, TankGirl? Do you have a good website with some?

Thanks, FF - I get mine locally from a LFS that sells some beautiful pieces for cheeeeep :D

Back
Top Bottom