Carnivorous Tiger Barb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason the Lost

Aquarium Advice Activist
Last night I was scraping a little algae off the side and back of my tank and needed to get my hand in the water to reach the back. I have 5 Tigers in the tank (none more than 1.5 long)and the runt of the group decided he didn't like me in his tank and proceeded to attack my arm without mercy. I was cracking up trying to gently shoo him away and he just kept coming.

Sometimes fish amaze me.

My female platy does the same thing, kind of, it will chase all the other fish in the tank away from my arm, and it will pull the hair on my arms, sometimes it pinches my skin. It tickles mostly though. Fish are amazing, i wonder why they do this, do the look at it as an invasion, if so, why does my female chase away all the other fish? I is just plain amazing!

That's pretty common. The tiger barbs I've had would often peck at my arm. I think they were pecking at my hair more than anything. I've seen them do that tanks my friends had, too.

I have some African cichlids that bit a little harder sometimes when I mess around in the tank, but it's still nothing to worry about.

My tetras are such gluttons they try to eat freckles.
My male krib gave me a good bite once. It almost hurt and it left a mark. It's how I found out he was guarding fry, otherwise he's kind of a wuss. :)

my bgk will actually chase after the gravel vac, guess she thinks its a cave, or some object worth getting outta the cave for

Back
Top Bottom