Cascade Canister Filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adaptingfate

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys!

Looking to buy a tank used from someone and it has a Cascade canister filter. I've only ever had Fluval and have heard of Eheim, but never heard of Cascade.

Anyone have experience with these? Are they solid or should I be wary?

Also, what is the recommended GPH/Gallon ratio?

Thanks,

Matt

Cascade filters are made by Penn Plax, which has been around for as far as I can remember. I have never owned one, though. I think they are considered an "economy" filter, as compared to the more popular brands, but that doesn't mean they won't do the job they are designed to do. Give it a try. It may very well be the best filter you've ever used.

David

I have a cascade 700 for my 55 gallon tank and it works great. I bought it used and this is my first canister filter. I had a emperor 400 hob filter that worked great for years but I wanted something a little more quite and didn't have that bulky hang off the back look.

I have a cascade 1200 and it works well no issues give it a try well worth the money IMO. How big is your tank and what version is the filter 700 1000 1200 1500

I have a cascade 700 & 1000 they both work great and lots of room for diffrent media.

Back
Top Bottom