Cat Food for fish??????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

puffergirl

Aquarium Advice Freak
I know of someone that feeds their fish catfood, the wet kind.... What do you think???? I this healthy for the fish, even nutritoius? I have watched the fish and they eat it!!!! Just curious

They are an archer fish, some platys and mollies, green scats, figure eight puffer and over 50 lamprologus brichqrdi cichlids in a 160 gallon tank. They get fed two large tablespoon fulls of wet catfood each day. Hope that helps

EW!
As with all fish, variety is the spice of life! The brichardi could definitely benifit from some vegetable matter in their diet (like blanched peeled peas or an algae wafer). My Mollies also like their veggies. I don't know about scats and puffers.
I would be concerned about the amount of fat and animal protein these fish are getting. Cat food as an occassional snack might be okay--maybe :? These fish would certainly never eat what cat food is made from in nature. Do you know what flavor cat food, like seafood in a can?

Still sounds like too much protein. I'm interested in what others have to say about the cat food. Anyone??

I don't know about fish eating catfood, but one of my cats likes to eat fish food!

:lol:

He waits 'til I am done feeding, then licks any flake crumbs off the table.

Generic pet food contains mainly ingredients that are unfit for any life form. As with most of the food supply for pets and humans alike, pet food quality has gone down the drain.

I learned of this after my dear Golden retriever developed dry hair, thryroid problems, etc. I switched him to raw foods and he is a new dog. Unfortunately the immunization damage done to him as a puppy can never be reversed. (not unlike humans)

This is a fallen, greedy world and every food source needs to be objectively scrutinized heavily IMO.

This article may be of interest.

http://www.doberescue.com/faq/items/12.html

Back
Top Bottom