Catfish and cucumber

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I never knew till tonight that featherfin cats eat cucumber! The gibbi and ff are chowing down on opposite side of the same cucumber slice. The first time he hasn't swam for cover when I've stood in front of the tank, too.

All my catfish love cucumber & zucchini. I like the way u layer the slices, And how many plecos u have? I see a lot in that last pic.

All my catfish love cucumber & zucchini. I like the way u layer the slices, And how many plecos u have? I see a lot in that last pic.

I honestly don't know. The ones in the last pic are from my first batch of babies. I rehomed 30 of them. That was an ordeal! I have a beautiful calico male who I had to separate from an albino female. She never let up. The poor guy would no soon raise one batch of fry, than she'd be wiggling back in there to lay him some more eggs. Now the little strumpet is doing the same thing with one of my common BN males.

I took out all the BN caves from my 6ft tank to deter them from breeding. I love the fact that they are content enough that they WANT to breed- but it's the upset caused to all the tank occupants during the netting process, and the upset caused to their owner during the rehoming process I don't like.

I don't want any in-breeding, so I've been rehoming males (even tho they're my favorite!)
But if my albino girl is anything to go by, one female could have a production line going with several males all fathering 60 fry at a time!!!! Yikes!

That's why I'm hoping my new orange spots don't breed easily.

Did you cook the cucumber or just stick it right in? I have cory cats and i'm trying to learn some new ways to feed them!

Did you cook the cucumber or just stick it right in? I have cory cats and i'm trying to learn some new ways to feed them!

I wash it, slice it, skewer it, and serve it up. Even the loaches and cories get in on it when I first put it in- they love the soft flesh with the seeds in it

Back
Top Bottom