Catfish not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bluethumb

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have one dwarf Cory catfish that's full grown in my tank. It's the 10g with cardinals and neons, and amano shrimp. The water is fine, nothing abnormal. When I feed them the catfish looks for food, but it doesn't eat it. At least from what I can see. I've had it for more than a year and other than that its perfectly fine.thanks in advance

Do you have more than the one Cory?

Sent from my XT907 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If you have had it that long I would say it is eating, but I would suggest getting more, they are schooling fish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes, it's by itself, there used be more and they all died, some after two weeks. My local store doesn't have them often though.

Cory's do better in numbers. I'd try to get least one maybe 2 more. Go for the smaller Cory's for your 10 gallon tank

Aquabid usually has bundles of 10 for about 18$ maybe you can find a group of 6 pygmy's for 10$ or so. You can also order them from wetspottropicalfish.com I think i got that address right.

It being alone wouldn't contribute to it not eating. I wouldn't stress over it too much. I have two groups of seven and they'll exhibit the same behavior. They kind of "sniff" around the food and then wander off elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Aquabid usually has bundles of 10 for about 18$ maybe you can find a group of 6 pygmy's for 10$ or so. You can also order them from wetspottropicalfish.com I think i got that address right.

Wetspot has a minimum of 24.00 on any order even their auctions which is BS, they have some nice fish but they make you buy more than you want or need.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Shoot I didn't even know Hahaha I never have a problem putting in at least 30$!! I always split shipping with other people though.
And yes stress could 100% be a factor.

Being alone for corydoras is a big stress point.

Back
Top Bottom