Catfish plecos corys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mundle

Aquarium Advice Activist
Want a clean up crew for my 60 litre tank
Tank mates would be
1 German blue ram
8 neon tetras
6 guppies
And some baby guppies ( which I could move)
What's the small kind of bristlenose catfish
Are corys really ,good at cleaning
What's the minimum amount of plecos
What kind would get along with my fish
And do I have to buy sinking Pellits

Bristlenose are small plecos, topping out at about 5" usually. I wouldn't really recommend any pleco in a tank less than 20 gallons (~80L). 3 otocinclus or so might also fit the bill.

It's not a good idea to rely on any fish to be a 'clean up crew'. You should be taking care of the tank well enough that this is not necessary. Cories are nifty fish, but should not be bot to be janitors.

Thanks so much
I'm not actuallly using them as a clean up crew just to help
I do a 25% water change every week
WhAt to feed them
And I've heard there's a bristle nose that only grows to like 3-4 inch

Mundle said:
Thanks so much
I'm not actuallly using them as a clean up crew just to help
I do a 25% water change every week
WhAt to feed them
And I've heard there's a bristle nose that only grows to like 3-4 inch

Not true
Bristlenose are a variety not a species so there is only one type- bristlenose

severum mama said:
Bristlenose is a term used to refer to species of catfish in the genus Ancistrus. There are many species in the genus, and some do indeed max out around 3 inches.
http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/index.php?genus_search_type=is&genus=Ancistrus&species_search_type=is&species=&task=Search

The albino average slightly smaller than the standard, IME.

IME, they are much better cleaners than cories because they cover a variety of surfaces.

I have never placed one with a ram. I would advise you to research the territory needs of each. :)

The albino average slightly smaller than the standard, IME.

IME, they are much better cleaners than cories because they cover a variety of surfaces.

I have never placed one with a ram. I would advise you to research the territory needs of each. :)

My point was that there are many species of Ancistrus in existence, and a good bit of those are available in the hobby. It's more complicated than just brown and albino.

Ancistrus typically do fine with rams.

severum mama said:
My point was that there are many species of Ancistrus in existence, and a good bit of those are available in the hobby. It's more complicated than just brown and albino.

Ancistrus typically do fine with rams.

Oh! I was GLAD you posted that, and appreciate the info on placing them with rams too!

Back
Top Bottom