CAUGHT! a pelco story.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

onah

Aquarium Advice Freak
:crazyeyes: i came into my room and keep hearing a clank on the snail tank, i didnt think much of it till i sat down and heard it hit the glass rEaL HARD! i jumped out of my seat to see Minx my eldest fish , what looked like him bashing on my snail! upon further inspection:
img_745179_0_b1fa1dee68d554d5c27ae1705fb0c4c7.jpg

img_745179_1_1695c576ae9e6171893304e1b63b9e2b.jpg

his entire front half of his mouth was caught in my hamstrums door! i freaked and immediately reached for the snail and Minx freaked, and so did the snail!(which means the snail pulled tighter and Minx Freaked EVEN MORE! well the water was splashin Minx managed to slide out while i held the snail in place, and all is well but what are the chances of a SNail Catching A PLECO!!!

oh and while i am on the subject i decided i would share my new guy with u all i got him yesterday his name is buster, i have no idea how to sex these guys but he is also really young, but here he is my first rubberlip pelco:
img_745179_2_d6aee5238673a2f5bff3157f8ef3f7bb.jpg

picture kinda blows he is really shy, it was duct and run when i came around the tank at the LFS, which kinda made me shy off at first i wanted something that i could see every once and a while, but for some reason(prob cause i had never seen one and he was the last in the nice clean tank:)) i couldnt resist! the guy who really didnt know jack who got the fish for me nearly crushed him under some rock in the tank, but the second the rock started to fall he took off! Then started the 5min ditching of the net! i am in no way exagerating it either. I also have some ABN, a pair i really hope i can get them to ma8 i Want more!:D
Marge:
img_745179_3_4bcfeeff188b11965ace70bb616eb60a.jpg

Homer:
img_745179_4_6e485748e9d2e003e1de42ea82a815a0.jpg

I'm going to take a wild guess that maybe it went down something like this: snail was in the process of eating something. Pleco was out cruising for food, and thought what the snail was eating looked/smelled good, and warranted further checking out. When he poked his nose into the snail shell to take a look, the snail said, "oh no you don't!"

LOL amazing. I wonder if Minx was trying to "clean" the snail and the snail said "what the HECK is that ???????????????? I'm shutting up shop !" and that's how he got trapped. Or was the pleco just in the way when the snail decided it was nap time ? LOL

Back
Top Bottom