Caves for my fish...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PITT

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was looking for a cheap hideouts/caves for my 2 bumble bee gobies in my 10 gallon. I was just keeping an eye out...not specifically looking for them...then i was at the store and saw glass salt shakers.

I've put 2 'caves' in my 10 and the bumble bees have picked their homes in just a day....

I also put 3 caves in my 55 and so far one of my Chinese Algae eaters has made it home. he is always guarding it or in it peeking out.

Just tossing it out there...they seem to be working great and cost only a buck each. If you are looking for caves and you have small enough fish or see big enough shakers they seem to do the trick and should be easy to find.

Attachments

• 03.18.2007__1___large__118.jpg
    03.18.2007__1___large__118.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 03.18.2007__3___large__174.jpg
    03.18.2007__3___large__174.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 42
Yeah, really a pretty good idea for a small tank. Personally I love the look of a sunken area under driftwood with a fish peeking out, but good driftwood is a pain to get, especially for a smaller tank. I've seen PVC pipe before, and glass really does look better.

Back
Top Bottom