CCTV News--UPDATED 12:55 PM 3/25/2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not sure what I like best about your commentary: your fish names are ridiculously funny (Booface, Tupac Fishkur, lol); the dialog just cracks me up; and the continuing drama is addictive. It's like a Tarantino movie about fish tanks :lol: I keep coming back to this thread to see if there are updates. Keep them coming :)

I am honored, not just that you liked my writing, but liked it enough to venture away from the planted/cichlid boards to comment on it!

Good evening, Citizens, This is Huey Whiskers, reporting from New Lake.

In an unprecidented move, the leaders of the VRDSM and the Rummynose gang met with President Hoover to discuss possible relocation of the ENTIRE city. Options are currently being weighed by both factions, governmental and gang, as to the destination. The cabinet advisors and Slate House correspondents are reporting that they wish to move further south, nearer their ancestorial homes of South America, to the Florida city of Fort Lauderdale, while the Gangs, who are likewise addressing measures of joining forces completely and adopting a unified name, wish to move west....FAR west, to somewhere such as Denver or other locations in the Rocky Mountains. The residents of the City formerly known as New Egyptia now Known as Brown Town, also like the Rocky Mountains idea, as His Royal Magesty King Poo Poo Dusty, loves the Rocky Mountain scenery, and frequently refers to anything in Florida as simply "the stinkiest XXX this side of the Rocky Mountains (Note from the author: Anyone who listens to the Monsters in the Morning or knows of Poo Poo Dusty will get this reference).

A public hearing will take place within the month of March to decide if moving is feasible, and will likely include a "stay or go" petition to be submitted. Residents will likely vote on the measure sometime in the next 3 to 6 months, but a vote date has not yet been solidly determined. A meeting with outside members of the Planet Fish are planned, as well as a zoning consideration in both Ft. Lauderdale and the Rockies.

In other news, a recent neighborhood landscape improvement implementation that left New Lake without power, and in complete black out (now known as the Great Black Out of '07) has come into favor with New Lake citizens. While Goldie Hawn continues to protest and fast, club owner of Club Ludwigia, and BackStreet Boys member Justin Fisherlake has proclaimed success and opened a second club franchise in Manhattan named "Club Hygro", which features a CO2 bar, lush interiors, and is frequented by non other than Queen Boo Boo Anastaisia Penelope Britany herself.

Lastly, sad news from the City formerly known as New Egyptia now Known as Brown Town. Lil' Kim and Frank Sinatra earlier this week welcomed 370214379210437tuplets to their brood in their home in Abandoned Pot Towers. However, despite their best efforts and aggressive parenting, all 370214379210437tuplets were consumed by other residents. Lil' Kim and Sinatra could not be reached for comment, however Miss Kim has been seen wearing only black spots the past few days as opposed to her usual flamboyant red hues.

We now return you to Fish or No Fish. This has been Huey, reporting from CCTV. Have a magical evening, New Lake, and you stay classy.

Good evening, Waterworld citizens, this is your CCTV Nightly News, Otto Cinculous reporting from the Manhattan Driftwood Towers.

Tonights Headlines:

Fishboy Fishmate, actress, celebutant and ex-mistress of the departed Jimmy Hoffa, Goldie Hawn found dead in Club Hygro.
Brown Town residents revolt against Clean Water Goddess, UPWU members strike.
Carpet Land resident arrested for illegal fishing
Residents of North Central call for removal and destruction of Club Hygro, due to unauthorized building and expansion. Fight lead by lobbiests from Mothers Against Plankton Abuse (MAPA).

Our lead story tonight begins with the death of world renouned and loved celebutant Goldie Hawn. During a raid on Club Hygro, Ms. Hawn was seen by many club goers passed out at the CO2 bar. Little did the socialites realize that Hawn was already dead. Emergency workers attempted to revive the starlet without avail. A fight over the estate of late United Plankton Workers Union (UPWU) Leader Jimmy Hoffa still prevails, and it is unknown if Hawn is indeed the heiress to his fortune. The coronors office has not given a cause of death, and speculation is that it is related to a CO2 or plankton overdose. Ms. Hawn was apparently quite bloated for several days before her demise, and was also participating in a hunger strike to save the city, after the brown out several weeks ago. It is unknown if the hunger strike contributed to the death.

In related news, club owner and BackStreet Boys former member, Justin Fisherlake, is under fire from feared lobby group MAPA (Mothers against plankton abuse), who in an unprecidented move, are suing for the complete removal of Club Hygro. Apparently, zoning laws and permits have come into close inspection, as the club has expanded exponentially into residential areas. MAPA hopes to have Hygro shut down, and will not settle out of court.

Meanwhile, in Brown Town (City formerly known as New Egyptia), statues of the Clean Water Goddess were defaced durning a revolt following a complete and thorough deep tank cleaning. King Poo Poo "Tony Montoya" Dusty released a statement saying:

"While we are a deeply religious people, who are most commited to our worship, the brutal and repeated water changes, removal and repositioning of homes, removal, extended cleaning and reseating of the water treatment plants, and extended glass scraping were above any reasonable amount of time we should be subjected to stress."

Likewise, due to the stress of the extended cleaning, the UPWU has gone on strike until the substrate settles, homes are replaced (the Associated WaterPress reports they are seated in outerspace under the giant glowing ball light for algae extermination) and the water clears.

Finally, Carpet Land resident, Beaker, has been arrested and charged with illegal fishing, after being located atop the Brown Town Sun Belt, using her tail in the tank as a lure, and swiping at fry with her paw. While no fish were captured or injured, charges are being considered of attempted kidnapping, attempted murder, and attempted armed burglery.

This has been Otto Cinculous reporting for CCTV. We now return you to The Fish Is Right. Have a fantastic evening, and Stay Classy, New Lake.

:lol: I haven't seen your tanks before but I've got these images in my head of them looking like Chicago during its gangster heydays: fish swimming around looking tough, female angelfish in furs and jewelry, and gunfights in dark clubs and rainslick streets.

I hope they don't shut down Club Hygro. I know I've got some fish that would love to see it and might fit right in :wink:

Thanks for the great reading :D

8O

:shocked!:

a08.gif

jaw.gif

Yes... I know it's reviving an "older" topic, but.....

LMFAO! That is the most creative way to display your tanks, and annouce the loss of a fish!

I needed that. Thank you.

Good Morning, New Lake. This is Marty Chan reporting on location from New Siam in Mbuna Gardens.

Today's Headlines:

New Lake and Brown Town citizens vote and pass measure on relocation to Denver, CO.

Extended absence of the Clean Water Goddess has citizens worried.

Low water levels and fertilizers destroy homes, cause algae bloom.

Leading the headlines today is the aforementioned measure to relocate both major metropolis' of Waterworld to Denver, Colorado. On Friday, citizens voted on and passed the measure to relocate the cities to a higher altitude. Likewise, citizens of BrownTown voted to entirely abandon their city and move into newly discovered Mbuna Gardens. Zoning inspectors of His Majesty King PooPoo Dusty's charge traveled last Friday to meet with the leaders of Mbuna Gardens to discuss merging the areas into a single municipality. After measurements and tests, both King Dusty and Mbuna Gardens tribal leader, Fat B., came to the very amicable agreement to merge. A mouthlock handshake sealed the deal.

Citizens of New Lake will remain in the New Lake zoned city, but will relocate the entire population, all structures, and water treatment facilities in early April.

In related news, the Clean Water Goddess joined the commission on its voyage to Denver to scout new land for the relocation project. However, much to the dismay of the citizens in WWFL (WaterWorld, Florida, for those who aren't in the know), she has been reported missing, and has not been available to preform her regular duties of weather control, water quality control and testing, pruning, and waste management. Citizens in both New Lake and BrownTown have issued missing goddess reports to all Denver area police stations and hospitals. It has been reported that she may be in kahoots with the Plant God in Denver, and that she may be returning soon. Fuzzy paparazzi images of the two have been widely speculated and reported, but we at CCTV do not yet have these images. One such image reportedly displays the Clean Water Goddess closely inspecting the city borders of Mbuna Gardens...with her tongue.

Finally, due to the absense of the Goddess and her regular regime, an algae bloom and subsequent death of planted homes has citizens in a state of worry and confusion. A food demi-god has been providing rations during the absense, but no fertilizers or other suppliments. A shortage of plankton has caused some rioting. Likewise, disease and looting are becoming a problem.

BREAKING NEWS:

We have received a report that the Goddess will be returning to WWFL on late Tuesday/Early Wednesday.

This has been Marty Chan of New Siam reporting on location. We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming. Thank you, and Stay Classy, WW.

Back
Top Bottom