celestial pearl danio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neontetra0131

Aquarium Advice Activist
Looking for these little guys does anyone on here have any are they hardy ? Really want to get some for my 10g

I got 4 of them about 3 weeks ago. Although they are hard to find and quite expensive ($9 each for me), in my experience they are pretty hardy. At least more hardy than Otos and dwarf corys. They are in the danio family after all.

Oh ok. I was under the impression that the thread was specifically about CPDs. My apologies.

It is haha was wondering if they were hardy you nailed it on the head thank you :) anyone have suggestions for a 10g

They're not as aggressive as other danios, so they tend to starve in community tanks (in my experience). If they're in a small group by themselves they should be fine. They wouldn't eat anything except crushed flakes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Other ideas might be green neon tetras, chilli rasboras or other boras species, ember tetras, and dwarf corys.
My CPDs will eat just about anything. They love various kinda of crushed flakes, thawed frozen BBS, and thawed frozen daphnia.

I find cpds to be pretty hardy. I did lose two of them when I forgot to put the sponge on a filter intake. Was even able to get them to breed. Only have kept them with other small fish and shrimp

CPD's are really pretty fish. They are on the shy side so have a few of them so they feel more comfortable. If you get them, definitely keep them with slower, mellow fish...

I live in Minnesota about an hour north of Minneapolis, and I can't find them anywhere around here! Online is my only option... But yes, quite spendy. I believe these little beauties were originally harvested for food for the poor and they were like $5 for a few hundred of them. Then they were used in aquariums, now their $6-$10 each!

Either getting these or white clouds and shrimp!!! Both pretty hardy but the white clouds are 1.00$ here at my lfs

I personally think white clouds are not bad either. Just depends on how set you are on CPD's. If money's not an issue, I'd get the CPD's but the white clouds would do well if it is. A nice semi heavily planted tank with a school of either and maybe some cherry shrimp would look nice!

In my opinion, white clouds need a bigger tank than 10 gallons because they are so active and fast. Similar to zebra or leopard danios.
CPDs really do best in heavily planted tanks with lots of plants where they can take cover.

Need some plants.. fish like plants to surf through and hide. Real is preferable.. java fern is basically maintenance free and grows nice and tall, you can tie it to the rock scape.. dwarf corys and guppies

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Most fish really like plants because it makes them feel safer. Even plastic would be better than nothing. Maybe some neon tetras or guppies or endlers?

Yeah I'm not to great with co2 and expense aren't to great right now :/ might try some snails or some type of small fish

Back
Top Bottom